1. This is a promotion competition run by Sure Insurance Pty Limited ABN 72 624 109 128 (“Sure Insurance”).
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. The competition is open to residents of Queensland aged 18 years and over who have obtained an acceptable home and or contents insurance quote during the month of November 2019 from Sure Insurance based on its Underwriting acceptance guidelines.
4. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other staff) of Sure Insurance, related entities and agents of Sure Insurance are ineligible to enter.
5. Sure Insurance reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who Sure Insurance has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. Sure Insurance’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
6. The competition commences at 12.01am 1 November 2019 and closes at 11.59pm 30 November 2019. (Promotion Period).
7. To enter the competition, eligible entrants are required to complete a risk acceptable insurance quote for home and/or contents insurance from Sure Insurance including providing their name, address and contact details.
8. Only one entry/ quote per entrant will go into the draw. Four winners will be drawn at random. Only one prize will be awarded per winning entrant(s).
9. All entries become the property of the Sure Insurance. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
10. One winner will be drawn each week by an authorised Sure Insurance representative at 2.00pm, 11 November 2019, 18 November 2019, 25 November 2019, and 2 December 2019 at Sure Insurance Head Office, Capalaba QLD. Four competition winners in total.
11. Times quoted are local times.
12. Sure Insurance’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Each winner will receive12 months insurance cover for their home and/or contents as quoted and accepted by Sure Insurance during the Promotion Period at no charge, up to a total retail value of $10,000 including statutory charges.
14. The policy must start by no later than 31 December 2019 and run for a period of 12 months.
15. Should the policy be cancelled, no refund of premium or statutory charges will be issued.
16. If the policy has already commenced and the full premium has been paid, the insurance cover will be extended by 12 months from the paid up to date.
17. Prize components may be altered at the sole discretion of Sure Insurance. Any change in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date that the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of Sure Insurance.
18. Each winner will be notified by telephone using the telephone number or the email address provided when they entered the competition and published on the Sure Insurance Facebook page.
19. If any winner/s is unable to be contacted within two weeks of the draw, a redraw will occur. In the event that a redraw is required, it will be held at 2.00pm on 16 December 2019 by an authorised Sure Insurance representative and the redrawn winner will be notified by telephone using the telephone number or the email address they provided when they entered the competition.
20. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
21. If the winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years Sure Insurance may, at its sole discretion, award the prize to the winner’s parent or guardian.
23. The prize winner(s) acknowledges that the prize, or any component of the prize, is subject to Sure Insurance’s standard terms and conditions.
24. By participating in this promotional activity each winner agrees to participate and cooperate as required by Sure Insurance in all editorial activities relating to this promotion, including but not limited to, being interviewed, video-recorded and photographed. Each winner grants Sure Insurance and its related entities a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use such audio, footage and/or photographs in all forms of media worldwide and that they will not be entitled to any fee for such use. Each winner agrees that they will not sell or otherwise provide their story, video and/or photographs relating to this promotional activity to any media or other organisation, without Sure Insurance’s prior written consent.
25. Entrants prize winner consents to Sure Insurance and its related entities using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any form of media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting (including any outcome), and promoting products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by Sure Insurance.
26. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by Sure Insurance as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sure Insurance which in Sure Insurance’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness or integrity, Sure Insurance may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the approval of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may be required.
27. Without limiting any other paragraph, Sure Insurance may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities.
28. Sure Insurance, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of Sure Insurance and related entities and its service providers will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. To the extent permitted by law, Sure Insurance, its related entities and service providers are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by Sure Insurance, its related entities and service providers, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any person accompanying the prize winners.
29. If, notwithstanding the above, Sure Insurance, related entities and its service providers are found to be liable to any person in connection with this competition then the maximum aggregate liability of Sure Insurance, its related entities and service providers’ is limited to $1.00.
30. To the extent permitted by law, Sure Insurance, its related entities and service providers will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by any person in connection with the entering the competition, or as a result of taking the prize. This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), equity, statute or any other basis.
31. This promotional activity is governed by the laws of Queensland.
Sure Insurance is Queensland owned and operated. We have partnered with global insurer, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company (Liberty), who underwrite your policy. In Australia, Liberty is licensed and regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) and meets all prudential requirements
All financial services in connection with your policy are provided by us, on behalf of Liberty, under our Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL 506378). Contact us for more information.