Sure insures home and contents for mainland regional Queensland.  From Bundaberg to the Cape, to Mt Isa in the west, we offer insurance in the following regions: Bundaberg, Widebay, Rockhampton, Marlbourgh, Mackay, Proserpine, Townsville, Ingham, Cairns, Cape York, Mt Isa and inland regional Queensland.

  • Home – covers your building(s) and fixtures at the insured address
  • Contents – covers your household goods and personal items
  • Home and Contents – covers your building(s), fixtures, household goods and personal items.

Yes, cyclone, flood and bushfire are automatically included in you cover.

For full details of what is covered please refer to the PDS.

We do not cover you for any loss or damage caused by a bushfire, storm or rainwater runoff (including cyclone), flood (including water runoff) or tsunami within the first 72 hours of your policy commencing unless you are renewing a policy with us, commencing a new policy with us at the expiration of another policy which covered the same risks or have purchased a new home.

For full details of what is covered please refer to the PDS.

Your home sum insured is the amount you choose to cover your home. It needs to be sufficient to cover the cost to rebuild your home if it is totally destroyed as a result of an insured event, including any additional costs to comply with current building laws. It is your responsibility to make sure that your home is insured for its full current replacement value, including GST. When calculating the sum insured for your home do not include its’ land value.

For more information on what should be included in your home sum insured please refer to the PDS or go to our building sum insured calculator.

Your contents sum insured is the amount you choose to cover your household goods and personal items. It needs to be sufficient to cover the cost to replace all of your contents if they are totally destroyed as a result of an insured event. It is your responsibility to make sure that your contents are insured for their full current replacement value, including GST.

For more information on what should be included in your contents sum insured please refer to the PDS or go to our contents sum insured calculator at building sum insured calculator.

You must:

  • keep your home and/or contents in ‘good condition’ as defined in the PDS
  • take all reasonable precautions to prevent theft, loss or damage to any property insured under your policy.
  • comply with all of the terms and conditions of your policy.
  • provide us the information we request from you when making a claim under your policy.
  • ensure that your home complies with all relevant local government and/or statutory requirements.

For further details please refer to Important Information in the PDS.

While Sure Insurance is dedicated to putting fairness first, we don’t claim to be the cheapest every time. What we do say is we’ll save customers about 30 per cent on their insurance premiums on average.


We base this analysis on more than 11,000 quotes collected in 2019 from regional Queensland between Bundaberg and Cape York.  Based upon the sample average, Sure Insurance was 30 per cheaper, but there were rare occasions when we were more expensive.


So why is Sure we sometimes more expensive? Insurance fundamentally is the purpose of spreading the risk amongst a large number of policy holders with similar risk profiles over a period of time.


‘Similar risk profiles’, is one of the key differences we’re trying to achieve at Sure. Our goal is make the effort to risk rate your property based on your specific circumstances and those of your property. We’ll ask questions about your individual property, not just your postcode.


Take Townsville for example. We don’t see Townsville as one giant flood risk. In fact, our data shows 69 per cent of the houses in Townsville have a zero flood risk. That means we don’t charge 69 per cent of the homes in Townsville for flood as that simply wouldn’t be fair.


What this does mean however, is there is no cross subsidisation for those homes which are deemed to be high flood. While this is unfortunate for these people, we believe it’s fairer for the majority and is at the heart of our ‘similar risk profiles’ principle.


Because we’re committed to fairness, we don’t just forget about those in areas with higher risks, so we offer some substantial discounts if certain mitigation measure have been put in place. These include:


  • Up to 30% off the cyclone premium if you have had a full roof replacement, plus a further 10% off if you have installed cyclone shutters, plus a further 5% if you have cyclone ready roller doors and sheds.


  • Similar for flood mitigation, 20% off the flood premium if barriers have been installed, plus a further 10% if flood resistant doors and windows have been installed, and a further 5 % if anti-backflow valves have been installed.


  • Bushfire, 30% off the bushfire component, for sprinkler systems and 5% for gutter guards.


We won’t always be the cheapest, but we do promise our customers fairness and transparency as we strive to challenge the status quo and proactively make home insurance fairer for regional Queenslanders.

Sign in at Sure Self Service. We have stored all of your quotes in one place, which will help you when you come to buy your policy. After you’ve signed in, you can accept a quotation to set up your policy.

Quotes remain valid for up to 30 days.

Call Sure on 1300 392 535 and we will update the details for you.

We are constantly improving and will have this available soon. Until then, for all policy changes, please call Sure on 1300 392 535 and we will update the details for you.

Sign in at Sure Self Service, to see all valid quotes and view all copies of your policy documents.

Simply call 1300 392 535 or start your claim online at

Sure Insurance will deal with your claim within the following timeframes –

  • New claims will be registered and an acknowledgement email sent within 1 business day.
  • Our initial claim assessment will lead to a decision, or a request for further information from the claimant and/or third party to support the claim within 5 -7 business days from when the claim was registered.
  • Once all the required information for the claim is received by Sure, a decision will be made and the outcome communicated to the claimant and/or representative, within 3 business days.
  • Sure will deliver follow-ups and/or updates on the progress of the claim at least every 10 business days.

We will settle your claim utilising our repairers and suppliers to ensure you’re put back in the position you were prior to the loss or damage that has occurred.

You may be entitled to a cash settlement if we are unable to repair or replace your items.

We prioritise the use of local tradespeople, suppliers and where possible the job completed at a competitive price and quality.

The claim may attract one or more excesses. These are detailed in the policy schedule and should be read in conjunction with the PDS (policy wording).

Call Sure on 1300 392 535 and we will process the payment for you.

  • Call Sure on 1300 392 535 and pay with your credit/debit card.
  • Pay via your bank using BPay.
  • We will send you details of your renewal prior to your due date to give you plenty of time to pay for it or update your details
  • Or alternatively you can set up an automatic direct debit, which will automatically renew each year unless you tell us to stop.

At Sure Insurance we will attempt to resolve any complaint or dispute you may have as quickly as possible.

The steps we set out below are part of our complaint and dispute resolution process, the details of which are available by either:

  • calling us on 1300 392 535; or
  • visiting our website at

Stage 1 – First review

Talk to us.

The first thing you should do is call one of our consultants about your complaint on 1300 392 535.  Our consultant will respond to your complaint as soon as possible but will aim to respond within 15 business days of receipt of your complaint provided we have all the necessary information we need to complete any investigation required.

If we are unable to respond within 15 business days of receipt of your complaint, we will contact you to explain why. More complex complaints may take a longer period of time to resolve.  Should we need more information or time to resolve your complaint, we will let contact you to let you know.

After our first contact, we will keep you informed about the progress of your complaint at least every 10 business days during this Stage 1, unless you agree to extend that period.

If our consultant is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within they will refer you to, or you may request to, have your complaint referred to our Internal Dispute Resolution Service for an independent internal review of your complaint.

 Step 2 Internal Dispute Resolution

You may request the matter be referred to the Sure Insurance Dispute Resolution team or you can contact them directly by:

Our Internal Dispute Resolution Representatives will have the appropriate experience, knowledge and authority to consider and resolve your complaint.

They will aim to respond within 15 business days of the complaint being referred to them or if additional time is required to investigate or resolve your complaint, they will discuss with you a reasonable alternative timeframe.

After our first contact during Stage 2, we will keep you informed about the progress of your complaint at least every 10 business days during this Stage, unless you agree to extend that period.

If our decision at Stage Two does not resolve your Complaint to your satisfaction, or if we do not resolve your Complaint within 45 calendar days of the date we first received your Complaint, you may refer your Complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).

Step 3 – External Dispute Resolution

AFCA provides a fair and independent financial services complaint resolution service that is free to consumers if the complaint is one which falls within AFCA’s terms of reference.

You can contact the AFCA by calling or writing to:

External dispute resolution determinations made by AFCA are binding upon us in accordance with the AFCA Terms of Reference.

If AFCA advises you that the AFCA Terms of Reference do not extend to you or your dispute, you can seek independent legal advice or access any other external dispute resolution options that may be available to you.


The Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) has developed a voluntary General Insurance Code of Practice (the Code) which we support, and adhere to. The Code aims to raise the standards of practice and service within the general insurance industry. The objectives of the Code are:

  • to commit us to high standards of service;
  • to promote better, more informed relations between us and you;
  • to maintain and promote trust and confidence in the general insurance industry;
  • to provide fair and effective mechanisms for the resolution of complaints and disputes between us and you; and
  • to promote continuous improvement of the general insurance industry through education and training.

To obtain a copy of the Code visit or contact us.

The Financial Claims Scheme protects general insurance policy holders from potential loss if a financial institution fails.  You may be entitled to a payment under the Financial Services Claims Scheme if you meet their eligibility criteria.  If you would like more information about the scheme, please contact:

  • Online; or
  • Call 1300 558 849.

Have another question?

Fill in the form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Fairness First

You’re in safe hands with Sure.

Sure Insurance is Queensland owned and operated. We have partnered with global insurer, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company (Liberty), who underwrite your policy. In Australia, Liberty is licensed and regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) and meets all prudential requirements

All financial services in connection with your policy are provided by us, on behalf of Liberty, under our Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL 506378). Contact us for more information.